STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Stanton
St. Croix County
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Stanton, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on May 8, 2023, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., at the Town Hall, 2245 County Road T, Deer Park.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- *No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to enter onto property to conduct an exterior view of such property being assessed.
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless no later than 7 days before the first meeting of the board of review the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Stanton has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines before the first meeting of the board of review that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. Stats.
- The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 13th day of February 2023.
Ashley P. O’Flanagan, Town Clerk-Treasurer
TOWN OF STANTON
ST CROIX COUNTY
NOTICE THAT THE ASSESSMENT ROLL IS OPEN FOR EXAMINATION AND OPEN BOOK
Town of Stanton, St. Croix County.
Pursuant to s. 70.45, Wis. Stats. The assessment roll for the Year 2022 assessment will be open for examination on the 10th day of April, 2023 at 1:00 pm., until 3:00 pm, and by appointment after the Open Book.
Open Book will be held on the 10th day of April, 2023 at the Town Hall from 1:00 pm. to 3:00 pm.
Instructional material will be provided at the open book to persons who wish to object to valuations under s. 70.47, Wis. Stats.
Notice is hereby given this
13th day of February by:
Ashley P. O’Flanagan
Update from St Croix County Hwy Dept
2:12 PM, January 3, 2023
We have a full plow operation ongoing, and we have had to dedicate additional resources to our high traffic volume highways in an attempt to improve the driving conditions. Snowfall intensity has created a challenge with highway conditions.
We will continuing plowing into the evening (and overnight on all 24-hour service highways), and re-starting plowing early tomorrow morning with all available operators and equipment. This storm is predicted to impact driving conditions into early Thursday morning, and as the storm continues available resources become a challenge. The snow/rain amounts are varying greatly across the county, so please anticipate changing highway conditions if you have to travel. Expect delays into Thursday as winter driving conditions will persist. Be safe and slow down if you have to drive.
NOTICE OF SPRING ELECTION
TOWN OF STANTON
April 4, 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at an election to be held in the Town of Stanton on Tuesday, April 4, 2023, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term for all offices is for two years beginning on Tuesday, April 18, 2023.
Town Board Chairperson Richard Hesselink
Town Board 1st Supervisor Gerald Croes
Town Board 2nd Supervisor Steven Hoogheem
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that the first day to circulate nomination papers is December 1, 2022, and the final day for filing nomination papers is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that if a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
Dated this 8th day of November 2022.
Ashley P Oflanagan, Clerk/Treasurer
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at an election to be held in the Town of Stanton on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term for all offices is for two years beginning on Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
CHAIRMAN, to succeed the present incumbent, Richard Hesselink.
First Supervisor, to succeed the present incumbent, Gerald Croes.
Second Supervisor, to succeed the present incumbent, Steven Hoogheem.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that the first day to circulate nomination papers is December 1, 2016, and the final day for filing nomination papers is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that if a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
The Town of Stanton Planning Commission meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the Stanton Town Hall.
The regular Town Board Meeting will take place on November 10, 2016 immediately following Budget Hearing starting at 6:30 pm. Will be held at the Stanton Town Hall.
For the agenda please click here.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT ON Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall of Stanton a PUBLIC HEARING on the PROPOSED 2017 BUDGET OF THE Town of Stanton in St. Croix County will be held. The proposed budget in detail is available for inspection at the Town Hall upon appointment. The following is a summary of the proposed 2017 budget.
REVENUES: 2016 Proposed 2017
Taxes: General Levy $ 207,244 $208,567
Special Assessment 500 500
Other Taxes: Mobile 400 400
Intergovernmental 137,186 151,665
Licenses/Permits 2,226 2,226
Public Charges/Interest 3,700 3,700
Cash Balance 88,861 101,000
TOTAL REVENUES $ 440,117 $ 468,058
General Government $ 86,662 $100,525 .
Public Safety 260,000 260,000
Public Works 65,884 68,825
Other Financing 0 0
Unexpended/Unappropriated 27,571 38,708
TOTAL EXPENDITURES $ 440,117 $ 468,058
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT on Thursday, November 10. 2016, immediately following completion of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2017 budget, which begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall of the Town of Stanton, a special town meeting of the electors called pursuant to Sec. 60.12(1)(c)of Wisconsin Statutes by the Town Board for the following purposes will be held:
- To adopt the 2016 town tax levy to be paid in 2017 pursuant to Section 60.10(1)(a) of Wisconsin Statutes.
Dated this 24th day of October, 2016.
Sharon G. Balcerek, Clerk/Treasurer