Election Information

Voters must sign the Poll Book:   The poll book now contains a signature block for each voter.  Voters must sign on the designated poll book before being issued a ballot, unless they identify a disability that prevents them from doing so.  If this applies to you, simply tell the Election Officials that you are unable to sign because of a disability. You do not need to disclose the nature of your disability to the Election Officials or to any observers. Election Officials will write “exempt by order of inspectors” in your signature block.  

If the voter simply refuses to sign the poll list, the voter will not issue a ballot and therefore, will not be able to vote.  

Voter Registration:   Wisconsin’s new Voter ID Law requires a person to be a resident of a district for 10 consecutive days before an election in order to be eligible to vote.   Proof of residency is required for voter registration and must be current and valid.  For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:

  1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
  2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.

Additional Registration and Voting Information: http://www.gab.wi.gov/voters

You may no longer use a corroborating witness as proof of residence.

The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence if it contains the information specified above:

  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver license.
  • A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
  • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  • Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  • A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (NOT for first-time voters registering by mail).
  • A university, college or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
  • A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
  • A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
  • Bank statement.
  • Paycheck.
  • A check or other document issued by a unit of government.

NEW Signing the Poll List Alert

Additional Registration and Voting information

Absentee Ballot Request-English
Note:  you must already be a registered voter and include an acceptable photo ID with your request

Wisconsin Voter Registration Form
Note:  you must include acceptable Proof of Residence with your request

Information on becoming a Poll worker